Thursday, September 29, 2016

Life as PronouncedLeah


Welcome to the twisting and turning life of PronouncedLeah!

                I thought for my first post I should do a little get to know me and what you can expect to see on this blog.

                So first things first, my name is Leah and despite what you are reading my name is actually pronounced like “Lay-uhh”. Yes, that is right. Just like Princess Leia. You can feel free to call me Princess, you can choose to call me Lee-ah or you can call me by my actual given name. I have lived pretty much my entire existence correcting people. How about you and I try to start out on the right foot though? ;)
Leah May 2016
                Let’s get into a little bit of what my life looks like right now. I am 22 years old but at heart I am a grumpy middle aged woman. My husband Dylan and I own a small house in the frozen tundra known as Minnesota with our 2 pets. My husband’s younger brother also lives with us because as they put it they are “a package deal”.  Things are always pretty interesting around our house hold. Between a very patient husband,  a crabby  brother in law(almost as crabby as me), a Pitbull who likes to eat everything, and the most vocal black cat I've ever encountered, every day is a new adventure.
Dylan with Timber (left), Willow (top right), My brother in law Kyle (bottom right)
                Rewind back to little Leah’s childhood… Growing up I was in and out of foster care. This has greatly impacted who I am as an adult. I lived with my biological mother and my step father up until I was around 6 years old. That is where my journey in the child welfare system first began. After being taken from my parents the following years resulted in me having 10 different placements and attending 13 different schools by the time I graduated. Ultimately, I ended up being adopted by a complete stranger when I was 13 years old which thankfully was the best thing possible for me. I am very grateful for how my life turned around. Unfortunately, that is not the case for most kids. However, that is a totally different story for another time. We will get into that eventually.



                What can you expect to see on this blog? Well, I plan on writing about my life. I would like to write about my crazy childhood while I was living with my birth family.  I want to be able to share my stories of my time in foster care in hopes that it’ll reach others who have experienced similar situations. I plan on sharing my experience navigating a new life after adoption as a teenager. I will write about my continued involvement in the child welfare system and the people I have met along the way. With these heavy topics I ultimately plan on writing about them in the same way I would talk about them: with a dark sense of humor and a note of seriousness.


                If the “doom and gloom” type of blog isn’t for you, good news! I plan on writing about other important pieces of my life as well! As someone who met their significant other while in high school and got married young you can imagine that we’ve faced quite a bit of kick back. I want to share our experiences of the challenges and adventures we have gone through throughout our relation ship. I will write about owning a home and remodeling it piece by piece. You can also expect to see post about music, and makeup, and anything else I deem note worthy.
                Reader, are you still there? Thanks for making it to the end of this introduction. If any of the above mentioned sounds even remotely interesting, stick around! I have plenty of stories and cant wait to share them with you. If you enjoy the sass, sarcasm, and/or content share this with a family member or friend. Can’t wait to share with you soon!

Until next time!

-PronouncedLeah

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss anymore content!

No comments:

Post a Comment